Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Blue eyed with other bn plecos Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Blue eyed with other bn plecos Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blue eyed with other bn plecos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trachr
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 5
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2014-03-28

Blue eyed with other bn plecos Empty
PostSubject: Blue eyed with other bn plecos   Blue eyed with other bn plecos EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Im pretty sure I know the answer to this already but I want to make sure before I make a big screwup

I have a few plecos, some are blue eyed some are non blue eyed BN plecos

My question is, they can not breed and produce viable eggs right?  I don't want to accidentally cross them so before I end up putting them in the same tank I want to make sure. I dont plan on them going in the same tank anyway but crazy things happen and I figure its best to just make sure before the situation arises.

Sorry about the dumb question but I just wanted to make sure... I *THINK* that blue eyes = L144 and therefore cant breed, but Im sorry but I get confused with all the various strains of bn plecos lol
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Blue eyed with other bn plecos   Blue eyed with other bn plecos EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Unless you have the true L144 (Very very VERY rare) then what you have is a variation of the common Bristlenose often called the L144 although it should be referred to as Lemon bristlenose.

This is a variation of the common and will interbreed with all other forms of the common bristlenose inclusing the brown, albino, calico, red and lemon.

Nothing wrong with it though Smile
Back to top Go down
Trachr
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 5
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2014-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Blue eyed with other bn plecos   Blue eyed with other bn plecos EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:45 pm

ok thank you... if I ever sell them Ill be sure to call them lemon, not l144 it gets a lil confusing when searching the web trying to figure out whats what
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue eyed with other bn plecos   Blue eyed with other bn plecos Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue eyed with other bn plecos
Page 1 of 1