Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Bettas + Plecos? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Bettas + Plecos? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bettas + Plecos?

Go down 
+4
Kurosaki J
samsk159
skippy
ayS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ayS
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ayS

Male Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : My Baby Daughter, Plecos, and Video Games
Humor : What's So Funny?
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 4:49 am

Hi, Was wondering if i put in my betta in with my plecos, will they harass my plecos?

and does it matter if it's a female betta? i have heard they are docile with other fish.

anyone have any experience with this?
Back to top Go down
skippy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 97
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:51 am

My sister did it for a while with no problems. I don't really know a lot about the bettas so I can't really say one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
samsk159
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 20
Humor : These are funny looking angelfish! =O
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Betta's wont bother the plecs. Betta's (male) are only aggresive to brightly coloured fish, as they will think they are enother male betta. For some reason my gf's male betta doesnt like the glass cats tho :S so not sure about that one.

Female betta's work well as an allround community fish, so will be no probs there either.
Back to top Go down
ayS
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ayS

Male Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : My Baby Daughter, Plecos, and Video Games
Humor : What's So Funny?
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:43 am

samsk159 wrote:
Betta's wont bother the plecs. Betta's (male) are only aggresive to brightly coloured fish, as they will think they are enother male betta. For some reason my gf's male betta doesnt like the glass cats tho :S so not sure about that one.

Female betta's work well as an allround community fish, so will be no probs there either.

albino plecos then will be harassed?
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:44 am

Nope ,no dramas with keeping Betta's with plecs , Betta's are just to small and bristlies are much smarter and quicker.
Male Betta's cause problems when "really colourfull " fish are around them - hence the idea of another male Betta being around( stupid fish - can't you tell your own species lol! )
Females are rather mellow like most live bearers and so on.
You can only try ayS, and I wouldn't imagine that albino B/N would be much different to commons ( colour wise) they still have enough beef on them to get out of the way.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
timkel
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
timkel

Male Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : driver/fish
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:27 am

No problems at all,i currently have 10 females living with my 2 clowns,2 king tigers and a bn and tbh they dont really take any notice of each other.
Back to top Go down
swizz
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Fishes
Humor : Fast & Furious
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: ;)   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:57 am

My betta loves his 2 female BN, there one happy family, no problems at all his was curious at first but he knows not to attack them he cant be bothered as they are real scooters..
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:59 am

First tank i ever had i had an abino male BN and common Brown female BN and never had any problems Betta's are only aggressive with other male Betta's i believe
Back to top Go down
Amber
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Amber

Number of posts : 118
Thank You Points : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 pm

The only issue I've ever had with a betta and a BN is not with the betta being agressive, but the BN being agressive to the betta!

This particular BN went into a tank as a juvenile with an old betta and they got along just fine. When the betta passed on of old age I replaced him with one of the the same color. Walking by the tank later in the day I noticed stress bars on the betta so I sat and watched. The BN was zooming up from the bottom of the tank and chasing the betta! The betta was moved right away to a tank with other BN with no problems. I'm not sure why that particular BN took a dislike to that betta, I thought it was probably territorial, but that BN now shares a tank with several mollies with no issues, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bettas + Plecos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bettas + Plecos?   Bettas + Plecos? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bettas + Plecos?
Page 1 of 1