Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

do bn breed amongst other bns Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

do bn breed amongst other bns Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

do bn breed amongst other bns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sako
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 13
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-22

do bn breed amongst other bns Empty
PostSubject: do bn breed amongst other bns   do bn breed amongst other bns EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:13 pm

hey guys iv got a 4 foot tank with about 8-9 juvie peppermints,2 male and 1 female standard bn and a few juvies also 1 adult male and 1 very large female albino bn aswell as 1 fem and 1 male albino in one tank.in total i think i got around 15 in the one tank without any other fish.my question is...if they do find there breeding partner will the other bristlenose disturb there breeding cycles or it really doesnt matter if i seperate all the bn to breed.atm i have only had success with the standard bn breeding and am anxiously waiting for the pepps to mature to breed aswel as the albinos to get there shagging along...any inputs would be great guys....
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: do bn breed amongst other bns   do bn breed amongst other bns EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:37 pm

yes they will breed like this but its not ideal ive got 2 four foot tanks what i call my spare tanks with about 12 males and 22 females of different types in one tank and the other as around 16 males and 20 female albinos in it. a pair of commons have bred severall times and a pair of albinos once but i have 9 caves 16 pipes and a few plant pots and bog wood in their to keep the aggrestion down. if i was you and you want to breed them give them their own tanks. and this way your not going to get any cross breeding either.
Back to top Go down
sako
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 13
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: do bn breed amongst other bns   do bn breed amongst other bns EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 pm

thanks for the quik reply man.space is the problem i cant have that many tanks...also are all of your caves and pipes occupied by the bristlenose or do they like whoring around from cave to cave and pipe to pipe?
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: do bn breed amongst other bns   do bn breed amongst other bns EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm

when a male takes up a cave or a pipe they will deffend this from any other male. if your short on space and going to breed them as a mixed group your going to need plenty of caves and hideing places for them. keep a close eye on them when breeding so you know which male breeds with what female.
Back to top Go down
skippy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 97
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: do bn breed amongst other bns   do bn breed amongst other bns EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Communal breeding doesn't seem as successful. I have GBA's, starlights and some panaques in a tank together basically as a holding tank but they decided to breed there as well. (There is no stopping these guys) These are the first lot I have had to mess around with airstones and net breeders because the eggs got booted out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do bn breed amongst other bns   do bn breed amongst other bns Empty

Back to top Go down

do bn breed amongst other bns
Page 1 of 1