Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caton
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Student, hopefully going to be b/n breeder
Humor : Ninety-eight percent of Americans scream before going into a ditch on a slippery road. The other two percent are from Colorado, and say, "Hold my soda and watch this."
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-13

What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank?   What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm

I have my 20g, and 30g that I have yet to purchase the filters for. What would be the best filtration for them.

Oh and the 30g is going to be all "good looking" and I am only going to have a trio in it (with a ton of fry dont forget) and the 20g will have some caves and driftwood, no substrate.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank?   What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:04 am

Honestly Caton, if you want a tank to be "all good looking" try to get your hands on 3ft tank and use that as a display tank, then you have a larger tank for growing out fry(the 30 gal)and you have spare 20 gal just in case something goes pear shaped.

Now filteridge: In my 3ftr(=50gallons( your 30 gal) , I have an internal powerhead that flows 800ltr p/h teamed up with
a duel outlet air pump which runs a huge internal sponge and another that's a half it's size(this is the tank that I recentlly got my pepps to spawn in)

Grow out tank: Again a duel outlet airpump to run a pair of corner sponge filters = the addition of a small power head
works well for water flow + extra filteridge and assist the sponge filters by blowing crud over them more often.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Caton
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Student, hopefully going to be b/n breeder
Humor : Ninety-eight percent of Americans scream before going into a ditch on a slippery road. The other two percent are from Colorado, and say, "Hold my soda and watch this."
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank?   What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Oh okay, I will work on getting a bigger tank. Tank's! Smile
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: well explained kurosaki :P   What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Kurosaki J wrote:
Honestly Caton, if you want a tank to be "all good looking" try to get your hands on 3ft tank and use that as a display tank, then you have a larger tank for growing out fry(the 30 gal)and you have spare 20 gal just in case something goes pear shaped.

Now filteridge: In my 3ftr(=50gallons( your 30 gal) , I have an internal powerhead that flows 800ltr p/h teamed up with
a duel outlet air pump which runs a huge internal sponge and another that's a half it's size(this is the tank that I recentlly got my pepps to spawn in)

Grow out tank: Again a duel outlet airpump to run a pair of corner sponge filters = the addition of a small power head
works well for water flow + extra filteridge and assist the sponge filters by blowing crud over them more often.
cheers J

thoroughly good advice...

i love the sponge filters off a double air pump, but just recently replaced mine with fluval U4 with no problems, depends on fish and tank... i am a short ass and was strggling reaching the tank bottom to change or clean the air sponges so have changed to the fluval for a while Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank?   What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of a filter for my 30g, and 20g breeding tank?
Page 1 of 1