Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Im back and been missing you bunch xxx Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Im back and been missing you bunch xxx Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Im back and been missing you bunch xxx

Go down 
+2
simosprp
k.bod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
k.bod
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 128
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Im back and been missing you bunch xxx Empty
PostSubject: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:16 pm

hi guys and girls kaz (kbod) here ive been awol for a while as moved so i thought id pop in to say high ...the sites looking good mods and theres alot of newbs now keep up the good work all....

well what can i say congrats in order to simon who had my super reds im sooo pleased that this guy took the time to come and collect my fish it proved they were going to the right place which was so important to me ..and now eggs n fry not bad going i reckon ...

my 400 mile move from mablethorpe to cornwall which took 3 days was very tiring and we had never seen the house till the day we moved so was a leap of faith as such .. the house needs decorating (and as i dont want paint fumes effecting pets) i will hopefully be starting back up after im done .

i sold all but 1 tank and the tiny qt so looking for space to see what will go where..but im soo missing looking at my fish ..everyone who took my fish are experianced and have their welfare at heart and all the common bns spawned within days as did the corys so everyone seems happy ..

my new location is glorious ,so busy taking it all in what a change i havent seen or heard a troublesome neighbour yet and ive had stuff in my garden which hasnt been stolen so seems i made the right move ...

so id thought id poke my head in and say high to you all and see whats been happening in the fishy world ..hope to be back joining you soon but i will keep popping back on at times so takecare for now kaz xxx
Back to top Go down
simosprp
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : student
Humor : funn
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:20 pm

all i can say is THANK YOU cheers very very much
Back to top Go down
k.bod
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 pm

NO PROBS XX im happy i made the right decision regarding my fish and that they went to a good home ..

it will be great to get started back up in time once ive got my hubby to finnish all the decorating ..

do you have any pics of them as fry id love to see what they look like soo tiny ,is the colour noticable yet ? you will have to put up some more pics on your thread when you can as ive not seen them soo tiny and im sure others havent ..bet there soo cute ...

alot of difference with the water here its so soft you can tell straight as it comes from the taps so i will be doing a good few checks before i set up ..

but nice to hear of your spawn guess it was barry white music i played mine before they left lol xxx

takecare and big congrates kaz xxxx
Back to top Go down
simosprp
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : student
Humor : funn
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:13 pm

they are just miniatures of there parents i reli will have to catch some up they get redder every week Smile
ill get a pic soon
well hopefully u get some soon
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:35 pm

good to see you back kbod
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 pm

High k.bod , great to see you lurking about again and you haven't lost the inspiration about keeping fishes,
on a sour note : aren't you just a little bit dirty about simosprp spawning your REDS a week after getting them lol!
I know I would be , no hard feelings aimed at you either simosprp Laughing

cheers J
Back to top Go down
MarkOrm
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
MarkOrm

Male Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Fish, walking, animals, photography.
Humor : Bill Hicks.
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:43 am

Hey Kaz - welcome to Cornwall glad your move went well Smile

At least there's now two of us in the County !
Back to top Go down
k.bod
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:59 am

hi guys thanks for the warm welcome back xxxx

im chuffed for simon honest its a bit of a gutter that i couldnt keep them but thats they way life goes id rather have simon have a great spawn than me took my 6 fish 400 miles and lost the lot especially with the move taking 3 days so i had to think whats best for the fish not me and i still reckon i made the best choice especially as the water here seems so different ,i couldnt imagine loosing my fish that way so im really pleased and i no simon knows his stuff and he took the time out to come collect them so im sure the reds are well cared for ..
as soon as im back up running and done some water tests i will be hopefully be getting some from simon so alls well xxxx

hi mark yep it all went sweeeeeeeeeet its such a beautiful place im glad we took the plunge ..its so eerlie quiet where i am but fantastic views and 12 miles from st austell and the sea what more can i ask for ..

kaz x
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm

cheers great news im glad everything has gone to plan for you.... cheers

Get back soon....... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
MarkOrm
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
MarkOrm

Male Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Fish, walking, animals, photography.
Humor : Bill Hicks.
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 pm

k.bod wrote:
hi guys thanks for the warm welcome back xxxx

im chuffed for simon honest its a bit of a gutter that i couldnt keep them but thats they way life goes id rather have simon have a great spawn than me took my 6 fish 400 miles and lost the lot especially with the move taking 3 days so i had to think whats best for the fish not me and i still reckon i made the best choice especially as the water here seems so different ,i couldnt imagine loosing my fish that way so im really pleased and i no simon knows his stuff and he took the time out to come collect them so im sure the reds are well cared for ..
as soon as im back up running and done some water tests i will be hopefully be getting some from simon so alls well xxxx

hi mark yep it all went sweeeeeeeeeet its such a beautiful place im glad we took the plunge ..its so eerlie quiet where i am but fantastic views and 12 miles from st austell and the sea what more can i ask for ..

kaz x

You're in Roche right ? Make sure you head out to Roche Rock.

I've found coral sand really helps with the water - the pH can fluctuate like mad depending on reservoir levels. Coral sand buffers and keeps your pH fairly constant on the slightly acidic side. Our major reservoirs down here are granite / china clay based so pH depends a lot on the amount of rainfall and which reservoir the water is coming from if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
k.bod
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

PostSubject: Re: Im back and been missing you bunch xxx   Im back and been missing you bunch xxx EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:39 pm

yeh im at roche ..ive drove past the rock but no plans to try climb it yet ..my son and his gf have they said the views from it are amazing ..infact the whole area is gorgeous we met some distant relatives who live at penzance and they showed us around a few places but ive not checked out any lfs as of yet ..

cheers for the heads up on the coral sand i gave away all my rock before the move so i need to consider doing something ..the water company says it comes from 2 sources so it will vary so im gonna do some tests over the next few weeks and then see what does and what doesnt work for me ..i may even be taking a trip to the shop you said prev to see what the coral sand looks like ...

i must admit ive never much noticed taste in water but its so different here you can tell straight away even the look and its so smooth to drink .but i reckon mablethorpes water must have been spot on as it certainly had all my fish breeding constantly and the people who had the common bns who are local to mablethorpe had eggs within days too and they are still breeding every few weeks for them ..hoping i can match up the right fish to the water here so my new fish will be as happy as my last lot ...

kaz x
Back to top Go down

Im back and been missing you bunch xxx
Page 1 of 1