Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Pure strain black bar endlers Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Pure strain black bar endlers Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pure strain black bar endlers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Pure strain black bar endlers Empty
PostSubject: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:36 pm

We got 4 trio's of these to act as dither fish and hoping that they would encourage the B/N's to breed with their hormones in the water etc.

Bloomin 'eck!! They've exploded all over! As fast as I am moving the young out, they seem to produce more. However, it's really weird when you seen the females looking completely squished after being so fat with all the young.

We're gonna be looking to move these on too soon lol

Angi
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:40 am

High Angi , I wouldn't mind seeing some foto's of those endlers- never really looked into these type
of fish.
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:50 am

Kurosaki J wrote:
High Angi , I wouldn't mind seeing some foto's of those endlers- never really looked into these type
of fish.
Cheers J

Hi J

I'll see what I can do. The males are pretty small, and we even have a blonde one lol. The females are pretty unimpressive though lol.

The trouble with endlers is that they will cross with guppies, which if you are keeping them for colour and not strain is fantastic. These trio's are from a friend who has bred them and they have been no where near a guppy Very Happy

Cheers
Angi
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:24 pm

High Angi , any progress with the endler foto's?
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Kurosaki J wrote:
High Angi , any progress with the endler foto's?
Cheers J

Darn it, I admit it .......... I forgot LOL

I'll try and get one of them soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 10:04 pm

No worries Angi , whenever you get around to it.
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:48 pm

OK

Managed to get a coupla piccies, especially of the blonde male (don't ask LOL)

They obviously are really hard to photograph as they are so small. But the females are duller but bigger, and they need to be with all the young that they are spitting out. They look like deflated balloons when they have given birth coz they get that big

First pic of the blonde pair Pure strain black bar endlers Th_blondemaleendlerpair

Second pic of the blonde pair Pure strain black bar endlers Th_endlerpair

Normal coloured male endler pair Pure strain black bar endlers Th_normalendlerpair

We have well over a hundred fry at different ages, and some of them are almost ready for breeding themselves.

We have to keep them away from guppies as they will cross breed with them, and although they make gorgeous fish, we're trying to keep these pure.

Angi
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Cheers for the pix Angi , so they are pretty much another guppy looking thing. Funny looking colour
for a pure black strain( blonde moment ). So how do you find it to work with introduction of the breeding
hormones in the water ? Have you done any comparitive tests?
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:24 pm

To be honest we haven't particularly done any tests as we got 4 pairs (I think) .... however, there aren't any in the L144 tank .... they're just settling in, so they will probably be the ones that are without the endlers.

They are somewhat like guppies with colour and size, but to me guppies are more colourful and showy. I tend to have a mish mash of them in my "Chav Tank" ............ lots of colour and anything goes Smile

Angi
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 pm

High Angi , well I try to do a test for all of us, I realise that guppies/endlers spawn at the drop
of a hat , but I'll try it with my bolivian butterflys- I picked up another female a few days ago -
just waiting for Aggies to get a nice super male and hopefully the group isn't to young.
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure strain black bar endlers   Pure strain black bar endlers Empty

Back to top Go down

Pure strain black bar endlers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Tropical's and Marine Section :: Freshwater Talk-
Jump to: