Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Sad story - Happy story Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Sad story - Happy story Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sad story - Happy story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
willow52
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
willow52

Female Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Family, Sailing, Hiking, Theraphy Dogs, Chihuahua Rescue, DSA
Humor : Yes
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Sad story - Happy story Empty
PostSubject: Sad story - Happy story   Sad story - Happy story EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:24 am

I have had several LF Calico BN's for a year. They are in two different tanks. One a Community tank, one a endler-BN tank. After a year, I had stopped watching for activity, figuring the condition just did not make them happy.
Little more than a mouth ago, I noticed some fry in the community tank filter! I panicked! Took the filter apart and found six cute babies.. I was suppose to be some where, so without thinking... at all... I put four back into the tank, and gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp. the serpae tetras had snacks. Can't believe I was that stupid. The last two went into the Endler tank, (and seem to be doing fine.)
When I returned from my trip, the male was in his cave. OK, I was not going to repeat the last experience.
Got a 10 gallon tank going, and carefully scooped the whole cave out of the big tank! ( Tank water is good, ph of about 7.3, same as the big tanks,) I was hoping I hadn't upset him too much, he tried to hide behind the heater. After awhile he did return to fanning.. week later the egg clutch disappeared. He was still staying at the cave mouth and would disappear up to the roof, out of sight, every time the tank lid was opened. After a few days I saw a tiny, almost transparent little one go by! very neat.
Yesterday one little one escaped, but dad is still keeping the little ones out of sight.
No idea how many in there.
I have been rotating vegis every day, but never see him eat. Is that OK?

Back to top Go down
Chaase
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 239
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - Happy story   Sad story - Happy story EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:51 am

Yes that is fine Smile
Dad will not eat whilst "babysitting" But keep offering the food as the babies and dad will be out & about soon enough Very Happy

Congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
willow52
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
willow52

Female Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Family, Sailing, Hiking, Theraphy Dogs, Chihuahua Rescue, DSA
Humor : Yes
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Quick up date   Sad story - Happy story EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Quick up date
Dad let the little ones trickle out, and followed about two days later... Empty nest syndrome?

I started with a bare tank bottom. I lost about Five rest in peace - did some post searches, and put some fine gravel on the bottom. Haven't lost any since.
There's probably a bout twenty little ones. Eating well, -- love the cucumber!

Dad is still in with them, enjoying his vacation.
Next week I must find a bigger tank. Funny how you never have enough tanks. Sad story - Happy story 3813960834
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - Happy story   Sad story - Happy story EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:22 pm

willow52 wrote:
Next week I must find a bigger tank. Funny how you never have enough tanks. Sad story - Happy story 3813960834

lol! How true, you always seem to need one more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad story - Happy story   Sad story - Happy story Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad story - Happy story
Page 1 of 1