Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Cataloged fry from most recent spawn. Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Cataloged fry from most recent spawn. Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cataloged fry from most recent spawn.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ktk05
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
ktk05

Female Number of posts : 381
Job/hobbies : Registered Respiratory Therapist @ hospital
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Cataloged fry from most recent spawn. Empty
PostSubject: Cataloged fry from most recent spawn.   Cataloged fry from most recent spawn. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Here are the "results" of my most recent spawn: male SF Green Dragon x female LF Calico
http://www.bristlenoseworld.com/t4864-male-sf-green-dragon-x-female-lf-calico_finally-spawned

I just spent 3 hours cleaning the fish tanks in my bedroom and cataloging the fry from this spawn!

Total Number of Fry = 81

Common/Regular
Total = 62 (76.5%)
Short Fin = 34 (54.8%)
Long Fin = 28 (45.2%)

76.5% of the fry are of the common/regular color variety. 54.8% of this color variety are short fin and 45.2% are long fin.

Albino
Total = 19 (23.5%)
Short Fin = 7 (36.8%)
Long Fin = 12 (63.2%)

23.5% of the fry are of the albino color variety. 36.8% of the albinos are short fin and 63.2% are long fin.

Long Fin vs. Short Fin
Total Short Fin = 41 (50.6%)
Regular/Common = 34 (82.9%)
Albino = 7 (17.1%)

Total Long Fin = 40 (49.4%)
Regular/Common = 28 (70%)
Albino = 12 (30%)

There is only one more short fin fry than long fin. 82.9% of the short fin fry were regular/common and 17.1% were albino. Whereas 70% of the long fin fry were common and 30% were albino.

What is most to curious to me is how none of the fry are calico at all! It is generally accepted that the calico trait is a dominant trait, yet none of the fry express that trait. I expected upwards of half the fry to be calico. Any input on this? What do you guys know of the genetics of the calico and the green dragon?
Back to top Go down
Chaase
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 239
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Cataloged fry from most recent spawn. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cataloged fry from most recent spawn.   Cataloged fry from most recent spawn. EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 am

I would give them another few weeks to colour up, I have had a Marble male & common female SF pair up recently. 75% dark/normal common
The other 25% are a really light coloured common at the moment & laid the same time as yours.

Fingers crossed ey!
Back to top Go down

Cataloged fry from most recent spawn.
Page 1 of 1