Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Import restrictions make no sense Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Import restrictions make no sense Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Import restrictions make no sense

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skippy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 97
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Import restrictions make no sense Empty
PostSubject: Import restrictions make no sense   Import restrictions make no sense EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:39 pm

I spent a couple of weeks in the Philippines watching the locals haul huge plecos out of the river and leave them on the bank to die. It seems as an introduced species they are not seen in a favourable light. While I was there I found some packs of Hikari algae wafers for a really good price so I got 5 packs to bring home, 2 for my sister and 3 for me. Coming through customs they inform me that they are listed as a controlled substance under the animal remidies act or something similar and they would only let me have 2 packs! I tried telling them we sell the same product here and I regularly buy them from pet stores here and the officials just didn't want to hear it...

The finally rang back a couple of days later and said they would let it go this time but it still left me wondering how they can classify fishfood as a remedy.
Back to top Go down
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

Male Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : Bartender/Graphic Designer
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Import restrictions make no sense   Import restrictions make no sense EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:17 am

they probably wanted you to try and bribe them or something. i heard customs are pretty dodgy over there...?
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

Female Number of posts : 43
Job/hobbies : Working on disability. Writting Riddick fan fics and watching our Plecos
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Import restrictions make no sense   Import restrictions make no sense EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:34 pm

The thought of them killing all those plecos....it's upsetting, but I don't live there and have to deal with whatever problems they are causing there. But still....
Back to top Go down
skippy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 97
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Import restrictions make no sense   Import restrictions make no sense EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:02 am

I think they just didn't know what they were talking about. I didn't have the paper with me but it is ok to import fish food as long as it is sealed in a package and in the same condition as sold. They just didn't want to admit they had egg on their face!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Import restrictions make no sense   Import restrictions make no sense Empty

Back to top Go down

Import restrictions make no sense
Page 1 of 1