Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Are female BN worth more than male... Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Are female BN worth more than male... Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are female BN worth more than male...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Are female BN worth more than male... Empty
PostSubject: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Are female BN worth more than males, just wondered since so many people seem to be wanting to breed them lately?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:46 am

typically no. But females seem to be more sensitive than the males. I know most of the breeders i know always have an excess of males. I know i did for ages til Karl came to my rescue!

Sometimes you will find breeders desperate for more female will pay more for them.
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 am

i would say you will get a little more for female's than male's. i sell sexed pairs for £15 and males for £7.50 each females i get £10 for.
i dontreally have any females i call spare. i have loads of spare males at all times.
these arnt used for breeding as i have breeding groups not pairs or trio's so dont need many males.
im also very selective which males i use for breeding. i am with the females to a degree but not as much as i am with the male.
Back to top Go down
Yvette
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Female Number of posts : 128
Job/hobbies : fish and dogs
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:45 pm

wolverine wrote:
Are female BN worth more than males, just wondered since so many people seem to be wanting to breed them lately?

would say it depends on what sex you already have - in my case I sold a tank and pretty sure my female brown went in the bogwood with it! So to me at the moment, females are worth more to me for browns. Having said that, I have all female L144's so a male of those is worth more to me! This is obviously from the point of trying to breed them cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.roedeanewhippets.co.uk
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Yvette wrote:
wolverine wrote:

would say it depends on what sex you already have - in my case I sold a tank and pretty sure my female brown went in the bogwood with it! So to me at the moment, females are worth more to me for browns. Having said that, I have all female L144's so a male of those is worth more to me! This is obviously from the point of trying to breed them cheers

ill swop a male 144 for a female
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Doug wrote:
typically no. But females seem to be more sensitive than the males. I know most of the breeders i know always have an excess of males. I know i did for ages til Karl came to my rescue!

Sometimes you will find breeders desperate for more female will pay more for them.

Very Happy Oh shucks Doug Embarassed
ill have you know doug i went through 4 males getting those 3 females lol. still waiting for you to grow me out an albino longfin female... Laughing
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

PostSubject: oh yvettte   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 9:18 pm

that is catch 22, i have a male L144 I need a female for and also thinking of getting a couple more...

but then I kinda like the long fin and sailfin so await my next bigger tank till then Smile

so if you here of someone shutting a LFS let me know...lol
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 pm

wolverine wrote:
that is catch 22, i have a male L144 I need a female for and also thinking of getting a couple more...

but then I kinda like the long fin and sailfin so await my next bigger tank till then Smile

so if you here of someone shutting a LFS let me know...lol

dont know ov any lfs closing down and dout they will have any 144 either
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

PostSubject: L144, might have a supply...lol   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:05 am

now L144 are nice, think I might be able to talk some one into getting me a couple...lol..
Back to top Go down
Yvette
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Female Number of posts : 128
Job/hobbies : fish and dogs
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:24 am

deano wrote:
Yvette wrote:
wolverine wrote:

Hi Deano, I only have 2 adult females and 1 juvi - would you sell me a male please?thx,Yvette
Back to top Go down
http://www.roedeanewhippets.co.uk
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Yvette wrote:
deano wrote:
Yvette wrote:
wolverine wrote:

Hi Deano, I only have 2 adult females and 1 juvi - would you sell me a male please?thx,Yvette

sorry yvette im not going to sell my males as i have females growing on for them.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:50 pm

kfenk wrote:
Doug wrote:

Very Happy Oh shucks Doug Embarassed
ill have you know doug i went through 4 males getting those 3 females lol. still waiting for you to grow me out an albino longfin female... Laughing

I know, I've got some longfin commons im keeping for breeding sales, i'll stash a longfin albino for ya too cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are female BN worth more than male...   Are female BN worth more than male... Empty

Back to top Go down

Are female BN worth more than male...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Bristlenose Talk-
Jump to: