Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Male attacking Female... Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Male attacking Female... Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Male attacking Female...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trish1186
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Male attacking Female... Empty
PostSubject: Male attacking Female...   Male attacking Female... EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:28 pm

I have 2 plecos that ive had in my 30 Gal tank for months now.. I beleive one is male and the other is female.. I bought them when they were young. I noticed today that the female is pale in colour and is skinny like she is starved, and the male is grogeous and colourful.. I watched them for a while during feeding and the male actually chased away the female.. and made her go hide.. Im assuming thats why she is so thin and sickly looking.. What can I do to stop him from bothering her.. do I need to get another one? Is one male and one female bad to keep!?
Back to top Go down
OwNz
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 185
Job/hobbies : Fish Keeping
Thank You Points : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Male attacking Female...   Male attacking Female... EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:32 pm

if you think they are attacking each other then seperate them to sto the fighting or put2 lots of food in so he has his and she has hers
Back to top Go down
Trish1186
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Male attacking Female...   Male attacking Female... EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm

They are not the only fish in the tank.. and you shouldnt put more food in the tank than you have to cause your just going to pollute the water...
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Male attacking Female...   Male attacking Female... EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm

OwNz wrote:
if you think they are attacking each other then seperate them to sto the fighting or put2 lots of food in so he has his and she has hers

I don't think OwNz meant that you should put extra food in, but when you do feed try and create more than one feeding area. So if your feeding something like cucumber or zucchini cut the piece in half and put the halves at opposite ends of the tank or near their favorite hiding spots. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
OwNz
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 185
Job/hobbies : Fish Keeping
Thank You Points : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Male attacking Female...   Male attacking Female... EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:20 am

jim.and wrote:
OwNz wrote:

I don't think OwNz meant that you should put extra food in, but when you do feed try and create more than one feeding area. So if your feeding something like cucumber or zucchini cut the piece in half and put the halves at opposite ends of the tank or near their favorite hiding spots. Very Happy

100% right mate thankyou i ment split the food you already feed into 2 and 2 different areas of feeding to try stop the fighting imo itink this is spawning action as my male chases the female when he wants to start breeding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Male attacking Female...   Male attacking Female... Empty

Back to top Go down

Male attacking Female...
Page 1 of 1