Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

finally they spawned again - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

finally they spawned again - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

finally they spawned again

Go down 
+3
Bwompus
Curby
sj1681
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

finally they spawned again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: finally they spawned again   finally they spawned again - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:15 pm

just sorting the tanks out now? even for a short-cut cycle thats cutting it a bit fine don't you think? or are you just moving things around.

Moving them around can be a tirgger for spawning so just be aware that you may be in for more wrigglers.

Sorry to hear the male booted the eggs. always disapointing when that happens Sad
Back to top Go down
sj1681
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 40
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: finally they spawned again   finally they spawned again - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:29 pm

all my tanks are fully cycled, iv got to move my platies to a smaller tank because i want to use the 3ft there in for some koi swordtails iv got coming so when i do that i will move the spare bristle males over to other tanks and there wont be any breeding going on as they will not be with any females. so they will be used to clean the tanks till i decide to sell them or just set a all male tank up maybe undecided but more than likely will sell them on and just keep 1 as a back up. because i want to get some longfins and wont have the room if i keep all the spare males.

what do you do with your spare males???
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: finally they spawned again   finally they spawned again - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:25 am

rules are 1 male to 1.5 square feet or there abouts. spread them out over your tanks. A male or two will be fine in ypur grow out tank etc. but the best way to deal with it is to sell them and either get your profits or trade them for females to get your ratios right. Might be hard tho, in the local breeding world here males are far in excess of females.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finally they spawned again   finally they spawned again - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

finally they spawned again
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: